Through his business Mackintosh Modelling & Data Simulations Stephen now offers one to one and group coaching in data science and R Studio for individuals or businesses both locally (within the Inverness area) and further afield.
With a long career in data science and programming, plus a proven track record in public engagement and teaching via his outreach and tuition businesses, Stephen is a fantastic choice of teacher for individuals or companies looking to up-skill their teams and meet the challenges of a constantly changing data driven landscape.
Training Courses Offered
- Introduction to R Studio (data importing, data manipulation, plotting, visualisation, scripting and a brief introduction to Shiny apps)
- Shiny app development in R Studio (quickly turn your scripts into accessible tools and deploy into standalone or client/server environments)
- Introduction to Computational Statistics (the basics of distributions, averages, spread and statistical based decision making)
- Practical Data Analytics (how to use existing data or web sourced data to visualise data and develop deep insights)
- Company Data Science Audit (an on site review of how your company is managing its data and a road map for improving data workflow and insights)
- Bespoke Courses – tailored to you individual or company needs.
New! Online Coaching
In light of recent social distancing guidance I’m now offering clients Skype and Zoom based online coaching at competitive prices.
Group of 1 (per hour): £35
Group of 2-3 (per hour): £20
Course Structure and Pricing
Typical courses run for 4 weeks meeting one afternoon per week from 1pm – 4pm. All workshops are delivered via computer with hands on access to R Studio. Clients will receive digital notes and a completion certificate outlining key learning outcomes.
Course prices (Per Person Scaled by Group Size)
Group of 1: £420
Group of 2: £350
Group of 3: £295
Group of 4 or more: £250
Why R Studio?
Firstly, because it’s free. This allows individuals or businesses to make a risk free excursion into data science without investing in expensive licences. Secondly, R is a versatile and widely used platform with many similarities to the most popular commercial platform, MATLAB. R studio is easy to use, expandable and used by thousands of businesses and academic institutions across the world. It’s also flexible enough to meet the growing needs of the single user and larger organisations.
Lifescan Scotland – Over 12 years experience as a mathematical modeller, data scientist and statistician. More recently delivering statistics and R studio training as a data science consultant.
University of the Highlands & Islands – Lecturer in computational statistics for Social Science national and higher grades. Teaching R Studio and statistics in large group workshop environments.
Mackintosh Maths & Physics Tuition – Stephen’s successful local tutoring business where he teaches mathematics and physics in small groups environments.
Highland Astronomy – Stephen is a Spark award grant holder and STFC researcher for his work in astronomy outreach. He leads two astronomy programmes based from Abriachan Forest and the Merkinch Nature Reserve. He also delivers frequent talk at science events and festivals.